Tuesday, August 16, 2011

To Run or Not to Run

That is the question. I run my first Half Marathon in 4 days. I must admit, part of me is terrified. I felt good with my training and the way it was going until a fishing trip up north prevented me from getting my long run in. The motivation to run didn't come to me in the morning after a late night of playing poker with the boys.

I chalked up missing my run to a taper week. I was ok with it as long as I get a couple solid runs in the week before (today). Then I got sick. I woke up Monday with sore throat, achey legs, and a pounding headache.

I've been getting plenty of rest and forcing fluids. I've been eating more fruits and veggies to help recover. I skipped my 3 mile run tonight but plan on getting up early to get 7 miles in. I just can't tell if it's time to run or time to rest.

I guess we'll find out come Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment