Wednesday, September 21, 2011

16 Mile Run

Never in my life could I have imagined running 16 miles. I used to tell my friends that running a marathon was unhealthy. Mainly from the stress fractures nearly all of them got while training. And here I am heading out on an unfathomable distance.

I've got my running gloves on, my hydration belt, 1 Gu, and 2 packages of 100 calorie cookies made my elves that live in trees (hey, I live 30 miles from my running store and forgot to get Gu). And while I like Gu those cookies were awesome.

I ran past the county fair grounds, the High School, and lots and lots of farmland. The air was brisk and running through fog can be a gloriously cooling experience. I may have moved slowly and ran out of Gatorade, but at the end of the run I felt so good I considered running another .2 miles for symbolism sake. Thankfully I shook off the exercise induced delirium and walked the rest of the way home.

And this was my test run. If I can run 16 I might as well run 26.2. And I felt better than I did after running 14 miles.

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! congrats on the run - 26.2 here you come!

    ReplyDelete