Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Snowmobile Trip With No Snow

Day 1

I took a 3 day weekend to get out and enjoy some snowmobiling in Northern Wisconsin. The only problem? No snow. We've had an amazingly mild winter in Wisconsin, leaving even the most norther spots bare.

Needless to say we were pretty depressed on the 4 hour drive as we traveled further and further north with no snow in sight. We also had a sledding birthday party planned for our 2 year old son. It's pretty hard to have a sledding party with no snow.

We made it up safely and got settled in. We woke up the next morning to see 3 inches of fresh snow waiting for us. We let Nana take over diaper duty and got ready to hit the trails.

We got the snowmobiles fired up and headed out on the in-laws 120 acres to head to the country trails. We zigged and zagged and pulled a few U-turns. We were completely lost. There are a few old logging roads and it can get confusing on which one leads to the trails. After an hour of getting lost we decided we were late for breakfast and finally had to give up.

Day 2

After consulting her Dad, my wife found the right path (a down tree was throwing her off). It was nice to get out onto the trails and open up the throttle a bit.

My wife wisely marked where we turn of the trial with some ribbon so we knew we wouldn't get lost on the way back.

While she tied the ribbon I decided to get a pic of my little buddy hanging out on my sleeve. After a great breakfast at our favorite diner we headed back.

I snapped a couple more pictures as my wife untied the ribbon we used to mark the trail. I never imagined, growing up in the city, that I would be having so much fun in 10 degree weather. I am really starting to love these trips we take. I even put my iPod on to listen to some music while I'm riding.

We made it back safe and sound. We had Nana get our son dressed and he road around the front yard with us on the snow mobile. My wife even hooked up his sled to the back of the snowmobile and took him for a couple cautious laps around the house. He was in heaven and so were we.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete